Monday, April 22, 2013

Ology Cruelty-Free Laundry Soap

As many of my dear friends know, along the way of becoming a mostly-vegan vegetarian, I have started to incorporate cruelty-free shopping into my lifestyle wherever possible. This means buying soaps, detergents, skincare, makeup, and bath items that were not tested on animals and preferably not made from animal products.

Now, this process is by no means easy. A few afternoons poring over websites, a few cruelty-free apps for my iPhone downloaded, and a few trips to Target and Walgreens later, and I have to say, the selection dwindles infinitely when you decide to stop buying animal-tested products.

But that's the problem and the point I guess; almost everything we buy is tested in labs on poor defenseless animals when now safer, more effective ways of lab testing exists. There is no reason why, in the year 2013, and in the massive amount of technological and scientific advancement that we as a society now face, that we should be testing harsh chemicals on defenseless living creatures.

And so, this is my first post of cruelty-free shopping. My goal is to tell you where you can find the products, their price, and a quick review of the item in question. First item up?

Ology Laundry Detergent in "Free & Clear" formula
Price: $6.49
Where I found it: Walgreens


I have to first say that I purposely bought the free and clear of perfumes and scents, no dyes, formula. I hate the idea of introducing extra chemicals into my life where they aren't necessary, and I have horrible allergies that cause me tonsillitis a good portion of the year. For this reason, I avoid dyes and extra chemicals in my house wherever possible.

And so, I tried this formula tonight. My laundry seems fresh, if not scented, fairly clean, and not static-y. I have to say that at nineteen cents per load, and no bunnies or mice were tortured for the sake of my sparkling clean delicates, I will probably be sticking with this formula for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chelsea Loves the Commentses. They're her precious.

Winter Park Scenic Canal Boat Tour

When my parents visited, we went on the scenic canal boat tour in Winter Park, Florida. Here is a video compilation!