Thrift Store Fashion Show: August 2014

I realize that most of my posts lately have been super serious in nature, and I've been wanting to post about one of my favorite things in the entire world lately, anyway: budget fashion. Anyone who has ever been to a Goodwill with me or has seen my closet will tell you this is no understatement. And so, I did a photo shoot tonight in my bedroom (tripod setup and all) to show you most of the latest haul. Two pairs of jeans I purchased are not pictured, as they're pretty basic, but everything else I wanted to show off! :) I have to tell you, I simply LOVED playing fashion model for a night, as you can probably tell from the shots. I even enjoyed modelling my wigs--I'm learning to just embrace them and make them rock my look. :)

For these first few shots, I already owned the jeans (which by the way, I purchased on a previous thrifting expedition for $7 and later found out that they're a brand which sells for $150 at Nordstrom--learn to thrift people! I'm serious!!) 


Aztec print Tribal satin top, with sequins. $4








Express brand black sequin tank top, $3




As you can see, I LOVED this outfit and definitely felt like dancing. Who's up for a night out at I-Bar?


Feeling a bit more like I've got attitude here. Cross me, I dare you. Black lace top, $4, black and white White House|Black Market flats, $4


Favorite photo from the whole session. I already owned the cami; I just wanted a photo to show off my cute new red pedal pushers. What I got instead was a photo that makes me love my body and proud to be myself. It feels good. Red cropped pants, $4




Adding in this adorable button-up polyester tank with golden round studs on the back. $4








Dusty dark purple dress with green bow print, $6


And this part, folks, is where I got excited. I found my Halloween costume completely by accident. I happened upon this glittering, short, fairy-like green dance-wear and I decided that this year, Tinkerbell will be out on the loose. Just need to locate a blonde wig, some wings, and some light-up green shoes! *GAME ON* :)






This is my "ornery pixie" stance.


I will just never pose as well as Tink, but you get the idea and this was wicked fun anyway. :P


I cant tell you how much I love this floral dress. $6
I already bought the coral crop top earlier this year on the clearance rack at Kohl's ($8!), and the purple shorts are from a previous Goodwill trip, but I wanted to share them on this budget fashion post. Shorts, Arizona Jean brand from Goodwill, $4

And this, my friends, is why I love thrift shopping. So much affordable fashion. Today I scored three pairs of pants, a pair of flats, four tops, and three dresses for $50. You just can't beat that kind of shopping!


Hope this all brings you a bit of fashion-y joy on this lovely 1:30 a.m. post!


Much love always,

Chelsea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ology Cruelty-Free Laundry Soap

The Start of my Epic Journey Southward